Autumn Soup, toasty van.


Hello hope your well, 
So this week has been all about food, well harvesting actually. We went down to the allotment after being away in Norfolk for nearly two weeks and how the squashes and pumpkins have started to show themselves. the pumpkin patch was just a mass of green leaves before but as the weather is changing we are starting to see orange and grey (crown prince pumpkin). Plus a crazy glut of courgettes.
Whilst in North Norfolk we went to Felbrig hall a national trust after a very stressful morning we just wanted some comfort so we went to our safety net, a warm bowl of soup and a chunky bit of bread. This soup was courgette and garlic and I admit I did pull a bit of a face but it smelt so good. It was amazing so tasty! ever since then its all I can think about so I found a recipe online and just gave it ago and I can tell you its all we have eaten for days that and roast red Kuri squash [yum,drools] I used this recipe I was to nervous to ask at the national trust for their one.
https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-zucchini-1-32520 to make it vegan I just used sunflower spread instead and used vegan stock I had in. Tip :- to save faffing you can use frozen chopped onions I had fresh but if you love soup like me and you want it quick frozen wins. The only down side is that I haven't yet mastered making fresh soup in the camper van as I don't no how I would blend it, [bit chunky] so I batch make it and freeze it to take with us when we are in the van plus acts as a little ice block for our fridge without stealing space.
Nights in the van our getting colder but whilst away we also picked up a vintage patch work quilt and a recycled wool blanket [from national trust shop in Morston in Norfolk] which as the nights get a chill will be much appreciated, however the weather has been pretty warm so we are lovely and toasty in our little cabin on wheels. I love this time of year its so cosy in pig and although the real cold hasn't yet set in which will find me and Adam searching for a bed in a house of anyone who will let us; we get to get cosy and warm under our quilts with our fairy lights on and read books. Don't get us wrong the weather can be mean and sometimes we are lucky if our hands aren't to cold to hold a book out of the quilt but I wouldn't change it for the world every night is like sleeping in a tent you made in your bedroom as a kid.
How are others loving the change in weather and if anyone has some cheap tips on staying warm in the van do let us no!
Hope your having a good week everyone catch us up on
we love a chat or check our out youtube to see what we been up to lately
Sarah


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah and The Bear . Design by Fearne.